Thursday, June 11, 2009

Correction: Presidential Primary Participation


In my last entry, I stated several candidates did not cast ballots in the Presidential Primary. Alas, I misread the auditor's data. I called the auditor yesterday and it turns out that ballots where folks did not specify a party preference weren't counted. So in fact, even you submitted a ballot, there would be no record that you voted if you did not specify a party preference on the outside the envelope.
This just goes to show you how screwed up the presidential primary is in Washington. The election is essentially a tax subsidized poll for the parties. I look forward to the day when the party's wake up and allow the voter's to choose all (or most) of their delegates to the conventions.
Fortunately, non of this affects the conclusion of the last entry.

No comments: