Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am sorry, I must resign

To the citizens, the mayor, and my fellow council members,

It is with a sad heart that I must announce my resignation from the Edmonds City Council, effective May 31st, 2010.

As you are all well aware, my family is facing many challenges. I have determined that I cannot simultaneously rise to the challenges at home and rise to the challenges of serving as a council member. Therefore, I must choose, and I choose my family.

I will never forget the ten years that the citizens have allowed me to serve as their council member. I am deeply honored and I will miss hearing from them at council meetings.

P.S. I am not resigning from this blog. There will be some changes shortly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave,
Codeman, wow, the citizens of Edmonds, including me, will really miss you. You are a gentle giant that really understands and gets it. Sorry, you have to resign, but in your shoes I would do the same and I pray for you and Martha that you will retain the strength and love needed to deal with your "testing" teenager. Keep the faith, it always helps and with kindness, he may change.