Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Congratulations Lora Petso!

I am glad to hear Lora was appointed to fill my seat. She will be a good steward of our small town charm. She has a solid record of opposing building height increases and she is passionate about acquiring land for parks. She's also awesome at quasi-judicial hearings, and she believes strongly that the public must participate in those hearings.

I also envy her. She can win an election without hardly doing a thing! Gosh darnnit, how does she do that?!

Way to go council!  Welcome back Lora!



6 comments:

Todd Cloutier said...

Dave - we agree across the board on this one. You only missed one characteristic - Lora admits when she doesn't know enough to make a judgment.

Todd Cloutier said...

Dave - we agree across the board on this one. Only, there's one thing you left out. Lora knows when to admit that she doesn't know enough to make a decision yet. THAT is priceless.

Unknown said...

It is funny to read all the negative notes about this wonderful woman.

We needed the experience and her knowledge about financials will greatly enhance our process of understanding the financials of this City.

Dave Orvis said...

Todd, I'm confused. What decision are you criticizing Lora for (and not for) making.

Todd Cloutier said...

Dave;
That was actually a compliment. I respected how, last night, she abstained from a few votes on purpose. I truly appreciated it, as it shows intellectual honesty. Not meant to be negative in any way.
Oh, and it looks like my first failed post actually posted...I tried posting twice - sorry about that.

Dave Orvis said...

Not your fault, my posts are moderated. That is, I review them first. (I don't allow anonymous posts). You may need to wait a day to see them.